Posted: 1/29/2015 4:37:00 PM
Author: Librarians for Fairness Research Committee
NOTE FROM LIBRARIANS FOR FAIRNESS:
WE HAVE, FOR NOW, NOT INCLUDED A NUMBER OF PALESTINIAN ARAB TERRORIST ATTACKS IN WHICH ISRAELI CLASSROOMS, INCLUDING KINDERGARTENS, WERE DESTROYED. SUFFICE IT TO SAY THAT THEY HAD BOOK AND PERIODICAL COLLECTIONS. WE MUST EMPHASIZE THOUGH, THAT THE LIVES OF THESE ALWAYS ENDANGERED, INNOCENT CHILDREN ARE MUCH, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO US THAN BOOKS AND PERIODICALS. WE, IN LIBRARIANS FOR FAIRNESS, ARE HUMAN BEINGS FIRST AND FOREMOST!
DOES THE ALA COUNCIL KNOW ABOUT THESE ATTACKS?
Posted: 9:36:00 PM
Author: A Report From Librarians for Fairness
Source: This report was prepared by Librarians for Fairness Research Committee
Note from Librarians for Fairness: IFLA, the International Federation of Library Associations, will be meeting at the so-called Ramallah Center for Human Rights Studies, March 31st through April 2nd. RCHRS is a most odd "human rights" organization, indeed, for it has a sordid history with regard to its views about murderous terrorist attacks against Israeli men, women, and children. Please read IFLA Members Asked To Seek Clarification About "Libraries From Human Rights Perspectives," immediately below this report.
DOES IFLA KNOW ABOUT THESE ATTACKS?
PALESTINIAN ATTACKS AGAINST ISRAELIS
1. March 7, 2002- A Palestinian terrorist used grenades and an assault rifle to murder five Israeli high school students who were in a yeshivah's study hall-library in the community of Azmona.
2. July 31, 2003- Hamas terrorists bombed the Frank Sinatra cafeteria of Hebrew University, in Jerusalem, murdering librarian Dina Carter and eight others. Fifty innocent people were injured in the attack. Dina Carter, a librarian and archivist at the Jewish National Library, on Mount Scopus, had been at the Hebrew University that day to register for a course to improve her skills as a librarian.
3. July 21, 2006- Rockets fired by Hezbollah terrorists hit Haifa, and wounded Israelis in the Russian-language bookstore. Windows were blown out and blood stained the floor. Six people were wounded and a larger number were treated for shock.
4. August 6, 2006- In the evening, a Hezbollah rocket hit the historical archive of al-Ittihad, a Haifa-based Arabic-language newspaper. "When I heard that our historical building was hit, I felt a lot of anger. This is a place which contains real treasures...This is not just a house, but a place with history, which we all grew up in," said Dr. Ahmed Saad, the editor.
5. January 24, 2008- Two Palestinian terrorists entered the library of the Mekor Haim Yeshiva, in Kfar Etzion, where seven of the school's staff members were meeting. One staffer was stabbed, before an armed Israeli entered, shot and killed the terrorists.
Ongoing- There is continuing destruction of the Temple Mount and the historical Judaic artifacts it contains, by the Palestinian-Moslem Waqf. Palestinian terrorists have now largely destroyed Joseph's Tomb. Since the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza in 2005, the thousands of rockets launched by Palestinian terrorists against Israeli civilian communities, have drastically curtailed the services and hours of the Sderot Public Library. On June 18, 2006, for example, two Israelis were hospitalized when a rocket landed just steps from the library's entrance. In addition, a number of other Israeli schools, kindergartens, and medical centers have been hit by Palestinian missiles and rockets, in the past three years.
PALESTINIAN ATTACKS AGAINST OTHER PALESTINIANS
1. April 15, 2007- The library of the Palestinian Bible Society (operated by a Baptist-affiliated organization) and three internet cafes in the same building, were extensively damaged by a bomb planted by Palestinian Moslem terrorists. The blast at the library even blew off the entrance doors.
2. October 7, 2007- The battered body of 31-year-old Rami Ayyad, director of the Gaza Strip's only Christian bookstore, the Teachers' Bookshop (it was affiliated with the Palestinian Bible Society, see above) was discovered. He had been kidnapped and murdered. He had been threatened and targeted a number of times by Palestinian Moslem terrorists, since the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, in August of 2005.
3. February 15, 2008- Palestinian terrorists blew up and destroyed the YMCA Library, in the Gaza Strip. Fatah blamed Hamas for the destruction. At least a dozen terrorists were involved in the attack. Issa Saba, secretary general of the YMCA, said all eight thousand books in the collection were destroyed.